Just some questions I asked myself after backing App.net:
- How many people can afford 50 dollars a year for a social network?
- How many people living in the Arab Spring countries could afford 50 dollars a year?
- Would the Arab Spring have happened on such a network?
- Will the quality on App.net be so much higher on App.net?
- Or will it be an incrowd party?
- How long will they exist or survive?
I very much like the signal App.net is giving us, but there is something spooky about it. All I can say about and to this satirical spoof is: Touché!